1: The PERMIDES consortium and some of the best partner projects.
2: Keynote Speaker Ana Gran, Johnson & Johnson Innovation and conference chair Simon Schnaiter, Oncotyrol. (Photos: Business Upper Austria)
Empowering Personalised Medicine through Digital Solutions – this was the motto of the Final Conference of PERMIDES, held on June 12, 2018, in Utrecht, the Netherlands. In the framework of PERMIDES, 50 innovative solutions with strong digital elements were developed.
June 26, 2018
EU project PERMIDES showcases results at its Final Conference
Exciting Digital Pharma Projects:
Partners in these projects were SMEs of the pharma and medicine sector on the one hand, and IT solution providers on the other hand.
Fourteen of the best of such projects presented their results at Utrecht, with close to 100 attendees from all over Europe sharing their insights and experiences in vivid discussions. At the networking, potential future cooperations were explored.
Damià Heine Suñer, CSO of Genosalut, Spain, one of the beneficiaries, said “The PERMIDES Final Conference was tremendously useful for us. It was very interesting to learn about the perspective and experiences of our colleagues.”
Naturally, particularly strong interest came from the Benelux region which is among the leading European regions when it comes to pharma and medicine. In that way the PERMIDES Conference benefitted a lot from the close relationship to the Benelux Precision Medicine Forum which started shortly after it.
In total PERMIDES has granted ca. 3 Mio Euro of funding for digital innovations in the pharma and medical sector. Most of this went into the development of prototypes in the framework of innovation projectsm but consulting and travel for the purpose of matchmaking was also supported.
At the event of the conference the brochure “PERMIDES Projects & Achievements” was presented with information on all the 50 innovation projects. Further details at http://permides.eu/project-database/.
- It is the aim of PERMIDES to strengthen the competitiveness and foster the innovation potential of Personalized Medicine as an Emerging Industry in Europe
- The project will reach its goal by providing key solutions for the reconfiguration of the biopharmaceutical value chain towards a Health Economy 4.0, with a special focus on oncology (i.e. cancer treatment).
- Current value chain challenges lie in e.g. data gathering and exchange, big data and machine learning, or new software-based marketing methods based.
- Eight partners, including six leading Life Science and IT clusters from Germany, Austria and Norway, run PERMIDES.
- The project has a total budget of 4.8 million euros and runs until 31 August 2018. More information about PERMIDES can be found at www.permides.eu
- PERMIDES has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant No 691546.