Downloadable presentations from the EMPOWER concept: 18.-19. October.
The H2020 project EMPOWER is hosting a final workshop to address local energy and flexibility markets. Emphasis will be placed on business models, business development and exploitation of the R&D results. We will invite important stakeholders from the Nordic countries, UK, US and Northern Europe. It will conclude with a panel discussion. The outcome of the workshop is to solicit business opportunities based on the work done in EMPOWER and yield input for various other ongoing projects like INVADE, E-Regio, FlexNett, and more.
THURSDAY 19. OCTOBER
- 09:00 Welcome – Introduction and overview of EMPOWER by Bernt Bremdal
09:20 Project Partner Exploitation
- Tina Skagen, eSmart Systems, will discuss “How to capitalize on R&D by exploiting EMPOWER through scalable software-as-a-service approach”
- Per Gjerløw, Schneider Electric, will address “Connecting end-user architecture and flexible loads to cloud smartness”
- Vidar Kristoffersen, Norgesnett, will focus on “DSO trade with flexibility – a substitute for grid investments?”
- Terese Troy Prebensen, Smart Energy, will address ”New business potential for energy companies”
- Q&A + Open discussion
- 12:00 Lunch
13:00 Challenges and opportunities
- Arshad Saleem, KIC Innoenergy, Sweden, will talk about the role of battery technology
- Davide Roverso, eSmart Systems, will discuss “Prosumer centric digital energy platform – a prerequisite for new local markets”
- Dagfinn Wåge, Lyse, will address “Platform and multi-sided business models in the future energy market”
- Christian Kunze, Smart Innovation Norway, will discuss ”Newtility – An EMPOWER Based Business Model for the German Market”
- Panel discussion
- 15:30 End
THESE ARE FIVE OF THE QUESTIONS THAT WE WILL DISCUSS:
- Can local energy markets boost increase local generation capacity (i.e. PV, wind etc.) and storage?
- Can local markets help DSOs avoid congestion and voltage issues due to increased loads?
- To what level can local energy markets create end-user engagement with respect to use of renewable energy and flexibility?
- Are platform based business models suitable for combining sustainable climate and energy goals with business objectives?
- To what degree do you think the EMPOWER platform provides an answer to the questions above?
Please use form below to register for the workshop.